mkfdf - Make FDF file for a database table.
mkfdf [ -U user ] [ -P passwd ] [ -S server ] -d database -t table [ -k keyfields ] [ -n formname ] mkfdf -h
This program produces Form Definition Files (FDF) for the wdbi system. Given a table name mkfdf extracts the necessary information from the database to produce a template FDF for the table. The FDF will still have to be edited by hand to make nice labels, joins with other tables, conversions of data from database format to display format, etc..
- -U user
- Database user
- -P password
- Password for the database user.
- -S server
- Database server to connect to
- -d database
- The database where the wanted table is.
- -t table
- Name of the table for which to produce the FDF.
- -k keyfields
- The name(s) of the field(s) in the table which are the key field(s). If not specified the first column are assumed. If more than one field is specified they should be separated by commas and with no spaces.
- -n formname
- The name of the form produced. (Defaults to table name). The file formname.fdf are produced as output.
- -o options
- Any combination of insert, update, or delete. If more than one option is specified they should be separated by commas and with no spaces. mkfdf can include the necessary fields for insert, update, or delete if you tell it to. (i.e. to include insert and update attributes in an FDF, specify: -o insert,update.)
- Produces a short help text explaining these options.
Bo Frese Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Copyright © 1996-98 Bo Frese Rasmussen and Jeff Rowe